The 2018 TEXSOM International Wine Awards garnered over 3,200 entries representing 30 countries and 21 U.S. States, with the most diverse selection of wines in the history of the competition.
Entries were blind-tasted and judged by 63 internationally renowned tastemakers from six countries, including 20 Master Sommeliers, 18 Masters of Wine, and other category experts. Of these entries, the judges awarded 2,223 medals: 285 Gold medals (9% of total entries), 760 Silver medals (24%), and 1,178 Bronze medals (37%). Suggested retail pricing of medal-winning entries ranged from US $2.99 to over US $700.00. Vintages spanned eight decades, with the oldest being 1957.
Gold Medal and other select winning wines will also be highlighted on the TEXSOM International Wine Awards website throughout the year in the Featured Wines section.
For up to the minute information, visit and like us on Facebook – TEXSOM International Wine Awards,
Twitter – @texsomiwa, or Instagram – texsomiwa.
Please visit www.texsomiwa.com to view the results.
- De Alberto Dorado
- Castelo de Medina Verdejo
- Martinsancho Verdejo
- Matarromera Granza Verdejo
- Avelino Vegas Circe, Verdejo
- Bodega Cuatro Rayas Nave Sur, Verdejo
- Cuatro Rayas Cuarenta Vendimias Seleccion Especial, Sobre Lias
- Cuatro Rayas Verdejo Vinedos Centenarios,Sobre Lias
- Finca Montepedroso Verdejo
- Castelo de Medina Sauvignon Blanc